Making communities healthier for kids
Our communities are where we come together to find belonging and a safe and healthy environment. Whether we are a parent or other caregiver, teacher, student, coach, policy maker, business owner or health professional, we each have strengths, talents and resources.
When we work together we can make our communities a healthy place for kids to grow and succeed. As Helen Keller said, “Alone we can do little; together we can do much.”
On this site, you can:
- Learn how to become more active in your community.
- Access existing education materials to teach parents and teens about alcohol and marijuana prevention.
- Search data about your community or learn how policy change can protect youth.
- Read articles written by prevention specialists, teens and parents that empower us to make a difference.
- Get the facts about the alcohol and marijuana laws in Washington State.
- Explore local and national resources for youth alcohol and marijuana prevention.
Are you a parent looking for information to help you with your teen? Check out the parents section for tools and resources.